Ditch the MSG laced gelatin and sugar packed flavouring found in conventional jello snacks. Instead make your own strengthening and hydrating version! Caution: may cause silly childlike grinning to occur!
Super Powered JELLO
1 tbsp Great Lakes Gelatin (unflavored, kosher, made from grass fed beef)
2 tbsp room temperature water
2 cups hot water
1 package (3.7g) Vega electrolyte powder in Berry or Lime
Vegetables or fruit for colour (optional)
Stir gelatin into room temperature water. Add hot water and electrolyte powder and stir until dissolved. For colour, blend chosen vegetable/fruit in a little water and strain into jello mixture (don’t use more than a few tablespoons without adding extra gelatin). Pour mixture into chosen dish and cool in fridge until set.
For berry flavoured jello try using raspberries, cherries or beets for colour. For lime flavoured jello use any leafy green or a drop of chlorophyll.
Jello’s superpower: Gelatin
– source of hydrolyzed collagen
– supports cell growth and connective tissue regeneration
– beneficial for hair, skin, nails, muscle, cartilage, ligaments, blood cell growth
– helps weakened and overused joints
– can improve digestion as it binds to water and helps move food more easily through the GI tract
– supports immune system
– source of amino acids (see link for details)
– particularly high in glycine (important for central nervous system, blood sugar balance,
hormone regulation and liver function)
– source of lysine (inhibits viral growth, used for energy production, lowers serum triglyceride
and helps in the absorption of calcium)